Monday, August 16, 2010

Taking 5 mins

In an effort to make my life as organized as I can make it, I have been using a new technique.  Every night I use 5 mins to complete one small task. At this point, 5 mins is all I want to spare.  When work slows down it may become 15mins.
 I focus on one particular item each night.  Last night was sorting mail (and the monstrous piles of junk that comes with it).  Tonight I will do a load of laundry. 

I have a tendency to become overwhelmed by my to-do list.  It gets to the point that I become frozen.  I sleep in, I shop, I do anything to avoid my ever-growing list.  My new 5 min routine is helping the procrastinator in me.  I have come to accept that it may take me a month to get my list widdled down but that is OK for me.  I can relax a little better before bed knowing I tackled one little chore.

I know those with children have it much harder than I.   I am blow away that you all seem to do it with such ease!  Any tips?


1 cool people have somethin' important to say:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I live by the timer. It works wonders for me to work in little bits at a time like you're doing!