Friday, May 14, 2010

For love of poppies



Take time to stop and smell the roses poppies!


On my frantic way out the door this morning, I had forgotten my cell phone.  I ran back in to get it and on my way out, I noticed my poppies were in bloom!

Last year, I missed them because we were on vacation.  Back home there was a bad rain storm and the poppies met there death sooner than usual.  So I didn't get to enjoy them.

I love my poppies.  The previous owners had planted them and they just get better every year.
The first year, two bloomed.  The next I had three.  Last year I had about three or four.  This year it looks like about seven will bloom!


I had to stop and take a couple pictures to share.  No matter what kind of hurry I am in, I always love when something beautiful stops me in my tracks.



If you want to see some beautiful paper poppies, stop by Lipstick and Laundry and say hi!




1 cool people have somethin' important to say:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Thank you for the linky love... I think your REAL poppies are gorgeous...