Monday, May 24, 2010
I wasn't kidding. I am very fair and the sun is attracted to glowing surfaces.
I dream of days living by the beach. I know that means buying stock in SPF 50.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
No, I'm not preggers...
but someone dear to me is.
My cousin, Ashley, is due with a sweet baby girl.
I have the invites 80% complete. I am finishing them this week. I will post pics after I mail them out.
My gift to her is a whole lota medicine cabinet supplies. Not really crafty and fun, but I am sure she will appreciated it when baby Audree has a belly ache or the sniffles.
I am still planning all the games...
So, help a girl out....what are your baby shower suggestions?
Labels: baby shower
Friday, May 7, 2010
I have had my eye on an organization called Matter of Trust for some time now. They are an amazing organization that uses hair to clean up oil spills. Now that we have had a major oil disaster in the Gulf, the word about Matter of Trust is getting out.
You can check out the You Tube video HERE.
Here is how it works:
Salons collect hair, free of debris, and nylon pantyhose then ship it to Matter of Trust
There are two uses for the hair:
1.The hair is weaved into Hair Mats. These mats are used to soak up the oil on beaches or in animal cages for rehabilitating oil soaked animals.
2.The nylons are stuffed with hair, creating booms to prevent the oil from leaving the contained space.
What do they do with the hair AFTER it is used to clean up the oil? They decompose it with worms! Yep, they are brilliant
"After hair soaks up the oil, it can be mixed 9:1 with greenwaste, composted over 2 years, and fed to worms! The bacteria in the compost and worm tummies break down the oil and the worms create a fantastic fertilizer!"-matteroftrust.org
Another cool thing, this organization is creating Green, New Jobs!!! Everyone knows the unemployment rate in the country is sickening. This organization is gold in my eyes.
So, where do you come in to play?
If you bring me your new or used nylons, even with runs, I will give you a COMPLIMENTARY EYEBROW WAX, valued at $10 at The Beauty Shoppe.
While I cannot donate your eyebrow hair, I can donate from your hair cuts. I will be collecting all hair clippings and sending them in to Matter of Trust.
For those of you who are not local, here is what you can do:
-Personally donate hair and pantyhose yourself
-Spread the word, via blogs, social networks, local press
-Ask your salon to start donating
-Make a monentary donation
Thanks for helping our environment.
all images come from matteroftrust.org, except the eyebrow one-that came from a yahoo image search
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
How special do I feel right now? Pretty darn special-it's my first blog award!
Makes me feel like this:
Thank you so very much, Mrs Dixon!
I was asked to share 5 interesting things about myself.
1. I am currently renting space at a salon and I love it! I am my own boss.
2. I have no children, just my fur babies, Toby, Rebel, and Riley
3. I dream of spending my days by the ocean
4. I have a large list of things I will accomplish before I am 30.
5. My husband is my best friend. Even if he is more like the wife, and I am the hubs ;)
I would like to pass this award onto 5 blogs I enjoy reading...
They are in no particular order
1. Laura at Buttons and Ribbons...because she sews awesome things
2. Jessica at Happy Together...because she is an amazing mother and inspirational crafter
4.Caroline at The Feminist Housewife...because she has amazing stories to tell
5. Linds at Thats so cuegly...because she has wonderful beauty tips and craft ideas
Ladies, please follow The Queens rules and pass the love around.
THE KINGDOM AWARD shall hereby be given to bloggers who exhibit the ability to induce knee slapping laughter by their majestic and royal stories.
1. Put THE KINGDOM AWARD logo on your blog, or within a post (including the rules)
2. Thank the person who gave you the award in the post
3. Pass the award on to 5 deserving bloggers, crowning them the royal court
4. Enter a link to the royal winners so others can enjoy their blogs
5. Let the Royal Court know they received the award in a post
6. Share 5 interesting things about yourself that make you worthy of such an award.
Labels: blog awards