Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BBQ Chicken & Corn on the Cob,Crock-pot Style

Summer is winding down but now is a perfect time for some BBQ.
I am no pro at the grill, so I substitute with the crock pot. Not quite the same but still oh-so-yummy!


Here is a very simple BBQ Chicken and Corn on the Cob recipe:

Boneless/ Skinless Chicken breast, trimmed
Your fav. BBQ sauce
Corn
Salt & Pepper
Butter
Cooking Spray
Aluminum foil

Simply spray your crock pot with some cooking spray-this makes for easy clean up.
Add your chicken & cover with BBQ sauce,
Wrap your corn in aluminum foil -salt, pepper, and butter to your liking. Place them directly on top of your chicken.
Cover & cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Do not open the lid, I read that every time you do, you will need to add on about 20 min's cooking time. When you raise the lid, it lets out a significant amount of heat. Look, but don't touch till its dinner time!

I had this for dinner last night. Sorry there were no pictures, I was too exited to eat when I came home and smelled it cooking!

0 cool people have somethin' important to say: